The Missoula Rotary Foundation is pleased to announce commencement of its Fiscal year 2021-22 Annual Fund drive with the release of the following letter by its President Margaret Parson (Missoula Sunrise Rotary).
Dear Fellow Rotarians:
Legacy. It’s a word that you don’t hear too often unless you’re actively involved in estate planning for your family or strategic planning for your organization. As the year comes to a close, I am pleased to report that the Missoula Rotary community has experienced real growth and change that will make us stronger and enable us to move forward with purpose and certainty toward your Foundation’s vision of a better Missoula, Montana and World through a vibrant Rotary presence.
That vision, developed this year by present and past Missoula Rotary Foundation board members, can lead the way toward a legacy for your club. Your donation to the MRF today will ensure future grants for projects that your club sponsors well beyond the current fiscal year. The grant pool for this year was made possible by those who have come before over the 15-year history of the MRF.
Here are some 2021 highlights:
· Our 2021-2022 grant pool of $6,708 became available as of July 1, 2021. That is $1,608 more than 2020-2021, and $3,000 has been disbursed for charitable purposes so far this fiscal year:
o Matching donation made to fund a ShelterBox from the Rotary Club of Missoula
o Matching donation made to fund the Rotary Club of Missoula’s participation in Wreaths Across America
o Matching donation made to support the Rotary Club of Missoula Sunrise’s Dictionary Project with 3rd graders in Missoula
· We renewed the ZOOM licenses that are available to all clubs to use as needed.
· Choffee Con is being reinvented as a downtown Choffee Walk to better serve the needs and wants of (post) pandemic event attendees.
· Our board completed a strategic plan that solidified the Missoula Rotary Foundation’s values, vision, mission, with goals set through 2024.
If you see a project above that is extending the legacy of your club in our community – hooray! If not, your club can submit a grant application for the remaining $3,078 to make it so.
One of the goals to come out of our strategic planning was to have a website capable of accepting donations up and running by the end of the year so that we could take advantage of Missoula Gives in the Spring of 2022. I am pleased to report that as of today, the beta version of our MRF website is live at http;//www.missoularotaryfoundation.org The donation function may, or may not, be up and running by the time you get this letter. If not, then contributions can still be made the traditional way using the enclosed form.
Please consider extending the legacy of your club and Missoula Rotary by donating to the Missoula Rotary Foundation’s 2021-22 annual fund drive. With ZERO administrative load, one hundred (100%) percent of the dollars you give will go directly back out into our community and the world. Talented financial and administrative professionals, your fellow club members, oversee the Foundation through donated time and services. Just like you donate your time and services to your clubs.
As always, we have enclosed a self-addressed envelope, so all you need to do is:
- Decide on the amount you would like to add to the Foundation’s efforts in our Rotary community
- Write the check, fill out the credit card donation form, or use our secure website
- Make sure to indicate fund you want to receive the donation
- Use the envelope provided or click donate on the webform
Thank you for your time and consideration, and we look forward to many years of your active participation in Rotary. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the MRF and our role in your club’s philanthropic efforts.
Missoula Rotary Foundation President firstname.lastname@example.org